Saturday, July 11, 2015

Mixer: 2014 Topps Tribute

Over the July 4th weekend Blowout did one of their periodic sales. I took advantage and put together an order of a some different boxes, or a "mixer case" as I like to refer to it. More of the boxes I ordered were things I had not opened before but one box I had was 2014 Topps Tribute. I bought one at a show awhile back and did fairly well. 2014 Tribute is one of my most favorite products I've ever opened so I jumped at the chance to grab another box. 



31/50

Only one parallel in this box.



19/99



68/99



39/99

I pulled a Kevin Mitchell auto in the last box too. Yay.



19/99

If I had pulled this auto a year ago I would have flipped my $#^t to pull a major PC player auto from high end. But now with Gattis gone to the Astros this is more of a minor PC pull for me. Still a good auto to add to my collection.



03/30

Not bad.



And lastly there's this, which I showed off the other day immediately after pulling it. Can't wait to receive this card!



So, this box turned out differently than the last. The last box had only one non-color hit and two base parallels. This one only had one base parallel and only one color hit, not counting the redemption. But the caliber of the Jackson/Harper dual auto is so high that I think this box still wins. Right now that might be a $500 card in hand. But being a redemption it may be three years before Topps finally sends it to me. So who knows. Either way it will take it's place as one of the centerpieces of my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment