Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Prizm

The other box I bought from my favorite dealer was 2015 Panini Prizm. Panini missed the mark with the first two editions of Prizm, in my opinion. Last year I felt like they got it right, minus the powder, and this year was just as good if not a bit better. So I took the offer of a good price and picked up a box.

First the inserts.









Now the parallels.



Camo Prizm #142/199



Black and White Checker Prizm #003/149



Red Power Prizm #076/125



Jackie Robinson Prizm #09/42

I said it before and I'll say it again, where Panini really excels and I think beats Topps is in parallels. One reason of which being because of Panini's much lower production numbers they are able to provide more color per box. 


And lastly the autos.



#041/125



#82/99

Definitely pumped to pull the Folty auto. He's got a bright future with the Braves.


Topps Chrome is a juggernaut that Prizm will never outsell regardless of whether or not Panini ever gets a full license. But of all the sets Panini puts out that are easy to directly compare to a Topps set, this might be the best one.

2 comments:

  1. I like Diamond Kings better, but Prizm usually gives good value too. I've pulled some pretty big names from those boxes like Biggio, Bagwell and Buxton.

    ReplyDelete