Saturday, January 17, 2015

2014 Topps Tribute box

Today I attended a show in Hickory, NC. My biggest purchase, and one I had not planned on going in, was a box of 2014 Topps Tribute. In this new year I have shifted my collecting goals and subsequently my buying habits. I am cutting out nearly all retail purchases so that I can budget more money to hobby boxes and singles. With the large portion of my paychecks that I was previously dropping on retail, this change is letting me be able to buy more high end stuff like this. So far I am very happy with my choice. 

I bought this box from the same dealer that I bought one pack of Tribute from back at a show over Thanksgiving weekend. Here are the parallels and hits from my box.


Base gold
01/25


Base blue
31/99


Tribute Titans sepia relic
 13/35


Tribute to the Throne blue relic
34/50


Tribute Traditions auto
52/99


Tribute to the Pastime sepia auto
08/35


Tribute pink auto
26/45


Tribute Traditions green auto
14/25

BOOM!!! The rest of the box was ok. Nothing amazing. But this...well I was very happy to pull this.

The Ryan, Johnson and Griffey cards are not for trade. The rest are available for trade for something comparable.

4 comments: