Thursday, September 24, 2015

Ginter

On my trip to the new LCS one of the boxes I picked up was 2015 Allen & Ginter. I've liked A&G since I got back into the hobby two and a half years ago so I've been wanting to get a box. It seems like Ginter is either really good or really crappy, for me at least. I liked 2013 and really liked 2014. Ive also opened some 2009, which was great, and 2011 which was mehhhh. I haven't read a lot about 2015 so I wasn't sure what to expect.



Box topper



Full size "buybacks"



Framed Ginter-back mini "buyback"

I put "buyback" in quotations because I don't think Topps really bought these cards back. I think it's much more likely that they just reprinted the cards and slapped some foil on them. I also have a bit of a bone to pick with the word used. 2015 is the 10th issue of the modern Allen & Ginter set, but by the way people normally count things wouldn't next year be the actual 10th anniversary? 

Anyways, the hits.







Ok not bad. 


I did do a little better than normal since not every box contains an auto. But really this was a pretty average box, and for that reason I feel like this edition of Allen & Ginter is overpriced. I must admit though that A&G has sorta always been that way. Most boxes are average or worse with the occasional awesome box. It was worth trying to see how it was this year, but I'm most likely done with Ginter for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment