Sunday, July 20, 2014

Card show Part 1: 2014 Allen & Ginter

Today was one of the every few months card shows in Hickory, NC and of course I couldn't pass it up. My #1 goal was to get a box of 2014 Allen & Ginter. Only two dealers had boxes, one selling for $100 which is comparable to online prices, and the other for $89. I don't think I've EVER bought a box from a dealer in person that was cheaper than online prices. At that price I thought about getting two boxes but decided not to push my luck just yet. Here are the highlights of the box.


I really like the box toppers this year.


Some people don't like the non-baseball aspect of A&G. I love it. Particularly the gorgeous ladies!


Why is Topps still putting this joker in sets? 


Black bordered SP. A pretty nice pull.

Now some of the full size inserts.


When I first saw this card I read it as saying Griffith Stadium in Brooklyn, NY. And I knew that to be incorrect as Griffith was the stadium of the Washington Senators. Took me a minute to realize what it was saying.





I love the colorfulness of this year's inserts.


I also love this year's common baseball insert set. I think maybe it's the charcoal grey color.

And now a couple mini inserts.



And lastly of course, the hits.




It's hard to tell from the scan but the shirt swatch on this card seems to have some kind of slight stain on it and it smells sweet. Almost like he was eating donuts and got some glaze on his shirt. At least I hope that's what it is..

And a last pack winner...


Well I guess getting an extra hit in this box makes up for getting shorted one in that 2011 box a couple weeks ago!

Overall I'm really liking 2014 Ginter. I may buy another box or at least some retail.

No comments:

Post a Comment