Friday, November 22, 2013

Repack report

I recently picked up a 10 pack Fairfield repack. I'd never gotten one of these but I figured I'd give it a shot. Through the window on the front I could see that it contained a 2012 Topps Series 1 rack pack and a pack of 2006 Upper Deck Ovation. The rest was a mystery. I really didn't get much of anything interesting and halfway through ripping it occurred to me that Fairfield almost certainly actively pack searches. So I can already tell you I won't be buying any more of these. But here's what was inside.


Donruss 88


Donruss 90


It wouldn't be a repack without some junk wax. I fully expected at least a couple packs like this so I wasn't annoyed. And it is kinda fun to rip some genuine wax packs that are over 20 years old even if the cards inside are worthless.

2006 Upper Deck Ovation retail pack


I really liked this pack. Cool looking set with the cards being stamped to give them texture. I checked and a hobby box of this can be had for pretty cheap. maybe I'll order one sometime. Looks like it could be a fun box break.

2012 Topps Opening Day retail pack


I normally don't buy Opening Day but I really like the look of this insert set.

2012 Topps Series 1 retail pack


2012 Topps Series 1 rack pack


Interestingly this rack pack did not contain any colored parallels. So I am assuming that it didn't come from Wal-mart, Target or Toys r Us. I didn't realize these were sold anywhere else. Walgreens maybe?

2012 Topps Chrome retail pack


I was surprised to see this pack in there. Such great looking cards.

The repack also contained a 2011 Topps Series 2 and 2012 Topps update Series pack. Neither one contained anything worth showing.

There was also one last pack that I will devote a post to later.

Overall the repack was very ehhh. The UD Ovation and Topps Chrome packs were definitely the best part. But Fairfield won't be getting anymore of my business.












No comments:

Post a Comment