Sunday, May 4, 2014

Card show bounty pt. 4, final

As I mentioned the afternoon of the show, my big purchase of the show was a box of 2013 Topps Finest.

One thing I found odd was that out of the five cards in each pack, most packs had three refractors and two non refractor base cards. Maybe I hit a refractor hot box or something. But if this is normal then it seems that the refractor parallels, which aren't shown in the pack odds, are actually more plentiful than the regular base cards. That seems very odd for a set but since this is my first experience with modern Finest I wouldn't know. Anybody out there have an explanation?

Anyways, heres a sampling of the cards I got. If you're putting the set together let me know what you need and I'll see if I have it.

Regular base cards




Refractors




X-fractors



Color refractors


170/199


35/50


Every master box promises one on-card auto rookie refractor and one auto/jumbo relic rookie card.


45/99

Not bad  guess. Far from the worst name on the checklist but also far from the best.

While I didn't get the rookie refractor auto I'm not complaining since I landed the aforementioned Matt Williams 1993 Finest buyback auto, of which there are only five in existence.



The card doesn't have an actual #/5 stamp but does have that Topps authentication sticker on the back. The #/5 number I got from Cardboard Connection and I tend to believe what they say. Unless I ever manage to pull a superfractor auto this card may be the best card I will ever pull in my card collecting life.



Finis











No comments:

Post a Comment