Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Ultra Amateur

Recently I've been putting some of my full and near full sets into binders. Thankfully I had a ton of Ultra Pro pages left from the late 90's that I never used. It wasn't until this week that I needed to buy more. I saw in walmart that they had Ultra Pro pages for sale in 35 page packs. The UP penny sleeves I've been buying at walmart I have been very happy with. But these pages...JUNK. The pages I have from back in the day are heavy, thick and sturdy. These new pages however are very thin and flimsy. The cards fit very loosely inside the pockets and I'm afraid the borders of the pockets will tear each time I slide a card in. The packaging says that the pages are "Made in the U.S.A." So maybe producing a crappy product is what they do so they can put that label on the packaging. I'm not sure how I feel about that...

Sorry for the rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment