Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Card Show report- 2011 Topps Lineage box break

My final goal at the card show was to buy a hobby box of...something..anything really. Something recent at least. I went in thinking maybe a box of Topps Chrome from 2007-2012 but really anything would do if it was the right price. Most of the dealers only had 2013 products and some 2012 products in stock, all of which I have acquired a lot of already, am not collecting or was out of my price range. However the same dealer who I purchased the two packs of '13 S2 from to get the vintage card did have a box of 2010 Topps Chrome on hand for $58. This was a little bit more expensive than it was going for online but only a few dollars. I thought about it...and thought about it some more. And decided to instead purchase the box of 2011 Topps Lineage he had for only $1 more. I could not have made a better choice!

I had not collected any of this set before so it was a completely new product for me. I really like the modern design that is coupled with an excellent checklist of current players and Hall of Famers. I don't know how much attention this set got back in 2011 so here is a sample of the base set.



And now most of the inserts contained in the box.


Topps Giants box topper 


Stand ups


Diamond Anniversary refractor parallels


Platinum Diamond Anniversary parallels


Topps Rookies


1975 minis


Topps 3D


Cloth Stickers


Each Topps Lineage Hobby Box contains one relic and two autos.


1975 mini relic


1952 Autograph (sticker)


Autographed reprint (on-card)



All in all this was an excellent box break. I really like this set. I'm not a big fan of the Topps Archives set and would much prefer that they bring back Lineage in it's place.


Well this wraps up my report on my first ever card show. The next one in Hickory is in October but I will not be able to go. I believe another is scheduled for January so I am looking forward to it with great anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment