Monday, November 28, 2016

2016 Bowman Chrome hobby box - SUPAH

The second box I picked up at the October show was a 2016 Bowman Chrome hobby box. I know some people have been pretty critical of Topps in how they configured Bowman Chrome this year going with the double mini box setup for hobby and doing the vending boxes to replace the jumbo boxes. It made sense for Topps as between the two they were able to produce far fewer base cards, assuming the number of cases produced was similar. In the case of regular hobby, 2015 and previous years contained 72 total cards per box between base, parallels, inserts and autos. 2016 boxes are 60 cards. Cases this year and previous contain 12 boxes so that is 144 fewer cards per case that Topps produced. Over an entire print run of thousands of cases that certainly added up to huge overhead savings for Topps. A lot of people don't seem to like that, getting fewer cards. I on the other hand, do like it. I mentioned before my issue with storage space for cards so I actually really don't mind getting 12 fewer base cards in a box while still getting the same number of autos and an average number of parallels. 

Now on to the cards.


Green Refractor #53/99


Refractor #243/499


Base


Green Refractor #50/99

And then the last card, which I posted about on the day I pulled it.


Superfractor #1/1

I didn't even want to take it out of it's top loader to scan it. I still can't believe I pulled a Super. I've pulled a a few one of ones previously, printing plates and a Platinum parallel from Topps flagship, but nothing like a Super. I haven't decided yet what I want to do with it. Part of me wants to just keep it since it being my first super it should become a major centerpiece of my collection. On the other hand, Jimenez had a phenomenal 2016 season and is currently ranked by many as the current #2 Cubs prospects. So this card may fetch a pretty penny when he, hopefully, makes the majors. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment