Wednesday, June 8, 2016

May Show Box 1- 2016 Panini DIamond Kings

A couple weekends ago I went to another one of the semi-regular shows. I went into this one without a real plan for making purchases. Despite my lack of planning I came away with a nice haul of wax and additions to my collection. The first box I bought was 2016 DIamond Kings, my second one this year. My first box yielded two awesome hits in a Griffey dual relic and a redemption for a Jake Arrieta auto. This one wasn't as good, but it wasn't too bad either. Let's be real though, it would be hard to beat a box with the two hits being one of the hottest pitchers in baseball and one of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Anyways, here are the important cards from my second DK box.


Image variation

I've mentioned it before and I will again, Panini's resurrection of Diamond Kings is my absolute favorite non-high end baseball card release. The cards are beautiful, the card stock is better than anything Topps uses and the box content vs. the price is IMO the best of any set of any sport from any manufacturer. Panini has struggled at times over the last few years to create a product that really stands out on it's own as something unique that Topps is unable to compete against. But they've found their winner with Diamond Kings.


Image variation


Artist's Proof #61/99




#91/99


#72/99


#59/99


So the deGrom dual relic is pretty nice. The Shaffer auto dual relic is lower end but you never know, he may blossom one of these days. 

So definitely nowhere near the first box, but as mentioned that was to be expected. I still love Diamond Kings.

1 comment:

  1. Even when a DK box is subpar it really doesn't sting because the price point is so good. I've never pulled one of the Studio Portrait relics. Very cool

    ReplyDelete