Saturday, April 25, 2015

Show Day

My posting has been very sporadic recently, though I guess that is ordinary for me. But as today was a card show day in Charlotte, I have some new stuff to talk about.


First up I made a bunch of additions to my HoF relic PC for a lot cheaper than I would have expected. There's one dealer at these shows that always has boxes and boxes of relics that I enjoy looking through. All of these cards are of players I previously did not have. I got each of these cards for only $5 each except the Musial for $10. She's lowered her prices since the last show. I would have expected to pay $15 or more for each of them.













Wills isn't a HoFer but I think the Golden Era Committee will eventually put him in.





I'm assuming that the swatch comes from Ashburn's final season, which he played with the Mets in their inaugural season. It's odd to see him in a Mets uniforms when he's known as a Phillie.





The swatch on this card could possibly be from Robinson's time with the Reds. But because of the material I think it's more likely from his time managing the Washington Nationals. Even so, it's a relic and he's in the Hall so it works for me! 

On a side note, I wish we saw manager hits in baseball card products. I would love to pull a Fredi Gonzalez jersey relic or a Joe Maddon auto.


I also picked up one Braves PC relic. A nice Andruw Jones patch.



#337/500



More to come soon on my other show purchases.

1 comment: