Monday, January 26, 2015

My last retail purchases of 2014

Back in December, before fully committing to giving up retail cards, I bought a few more repacks. Here are the hits and good cards I got.


#20/99

This is a great photo. Presumably taken at the conclusion of Bailey's no hitter at Pittsburgh on September 28, 2012.


Gold refractor 223/250

Pulled this one from a 2014 Mega Box.


383/399


Blue Refractor 176/199

This one was pack pulled.












This one was pack pulled as well.





Ick...see those little brown spots on the relic? That's roid residue.



Probably my favorite card that I got.



Pack pulled.



Pack pulled as well. Also the first time I've pulled a relic of someone I've actually met. (Calipari was the ball boy when my uncle coached girls high school basketball in the early 70's. I met Coach Cal when he came to visit my uncle back in the late 90's while he was coaching the New Jersey Nets. They still keep in touch but I haven't met him since.)


While this looks like a huge haul, these are actually just the best cards from quite a few purchases. It's just gotten to the point where I'm spending too much money to get very little that I actually want and a lot of stuff that just takes up space. See my last post about that. 

I'll probably slip up now and then and buy some retail, but for the most part I'm sticking with hobby and singles. And of course trades!!

No comments:

Post a Comment