Saturday, February 22, 2014

Hockey cards question

Obviously I've made my blog all about baseball cards. Baseball is my number one sport. But hockey is number two. I LOVE watching hockey though I rarely get to go to games. However I've never been a hockey card collector. So I was wondering, those of you out there that collect hockey cards, what would be some good products from the last 3 or 4 years to check out? Preferably stuff that I could get hobby boxes for about $50 or less from Dave & Adam's or Blowout. I do prefer stuff with some hits. I need that thrill. So sue me =) I've gotten the impression from bloggers who collect hockey that Panini seems to be the best but I'd like to be sure. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I've liked Artifacts - A box of that will yield you 4 or 5 hits. I think the designed is nice. If you want cheap, Score from Panini is good. But, no real hits in that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely thinking about getting a box of Score. D&A has jumbo boxes for just over $50.

      Delete
  2. Considering that this is the last year for Score and Panini licensed products I would recommend that you migrate to Upper Deck. Their flagship is always awesome and comprehensive, plus Young Guns! I'm not as big a fan of Black Diamond as some are, and Artifacts just bores me. I won some packs of SPx from UD themselves and I like them, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them. O-Pee-Chee is my second favorite card product as it has a HUGE set and a lot of cool retro flavor.

    If you do get into hockey I'd love to trade. I really am only collecting full sets of Score, OPC and UD flagships. I'm really close to a complete Series 1 UD set w/o Young Guns. I've got a ton to trade.

    ReplyDelete