Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Spree Card #6 - An Oddball Auto


Next up is this auto/relic of Kirk Saarloos from 2003 Playoff Piece of the Game. As soon as I saw this card I knew I had to have it. Why you ask? Well I think that's pretty obvious. The autograph sticker is signed, simply, "Loos". I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Loos is his nickname. Interestingly enough though of all his autos listed on COMC and eBay every single one has his real signature, including cards identical to this one. So I don't know if he just decided to sign this one as just "Loos" or perhaps Playoff ran out of stickers and someone decided to do the worst forging job ever. Either way, this card makes an awesome oddball addition to my collection. 

Loos here had a pretty mediocre major league career so needless to say I did not spend much for this card. I think it was only $2.

1 comment:

  1. I remember watching the combined no-hitter "Loos" and the 'Stros posted against the Yanks when I still lived in the greater metro area where the YES network is standard with a basic cable package. If I recall correctly Roy Oswalt started the game. At any rate, this is an exemplary example of a baseball card collectors baseball card.

    ReplyDelete