Thursday, October 22, 2015

Spree Card #2


The second card from my eBay spree is this Matt Wisler auto from 2015 Five Star. Wisler was acquired from the Padres in the Justin Upton trade, I believe. He has shown a ton of potential and was able to pitch in 20 games for the Braves this season. He struggled with control issues at times and with an unimpressive stat line of 8-8 with a 4.71 ERA and a 1.459 WHIP. Not terrible. A decent start to his major league career. I am hoping he will develop into a top tier starter.

As a side note, with this card I can definitely see why people really don't like the different format Topps went with for Five Star this year. Previously each box would yield something like four or five hits, all numbered, in the $300-$400 range. Now it's two cards for like $125. If I paid that much for a box of this and pulled this card, which is unnumbered, I would be pretty unhappy. And I say that with this card fitting nicely into my collection. Rather I was able to get it on the secondary market for less than $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment