Thursday, December 11, 2014

Trade from the Quarry

The final trade that I recently completed was with Johnny of Cards from the Quarry. Johnny was interested in the Tulo blue refractor I got from my recent Topps Chrome box breaks and it turned into a much larger swap of relics, autos and parallels. 

Here's what he sent me.


2002 Topps Chrome black refractor 02/50



Unlike most of the former star sluggers that are known steroid users, Palmeiro was much more than a one trick pony of home runs. He was an accomplished hitter and member of the 3,000 hit club in addition to the 500 home run club. With the BBWAA having made it clear that they don't want to elect juicers to the HoF, Palmeiro's chances of getting in are not good. But I can't help but wonder if he would have had a better shot than guys like McGwire, Sosa and Bonds if he hadn't denied everything while under oath during those congressional hearings a few years ago. 







Johnny also sent me a really cool item that deserves to be showcased in a post of it's own. I'll show that soon.

Thanks for the trade Johnny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment