Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Independence Day!! Part 2

So I get cheap retail or blaster boxes every once in awhile and keep them around for a rainy day. And today was a rainy day! As today was July 4th I figured it was also a special occasion so I decided to break a 16 pack retail box of 2010 Topps Series 1.


Here are a few of the inserts I pulled.


Uh....What??



These are both from the "Cards your mother threw out" insert set. The Juan Marichal card makes sense as the original was from 1965. But the Lincecum from 2008? A reprint insert that was only from two years prior to this set being released? If Topps really wanted a more authentic feeling "Cards your mom threw out" insert set they should have had nothing after the 1980's. But that's just my opinion.



Cards like this showing players as youngsters are always interesting.


I didn't realize they had inserted Turkey Red cards into the flagship set.


Great insert with a great photo of one of the most important athletes in American history.


Well this came as a big surprise! I had never once pulled a relic from a flagship set retail pack so I was quite surprised when I pulled this Rickie Weeks Game-Used bat relic. I didn't even realize it at first because I was watching news coverage of local flooding due to all the rain. I initially thought this was just a regular Peak Performance insert as I was distracted by the TV. But then my thumb slid over the wooden bat chip. Quite an unexpected pull but a great one!


So despite the rain my Independence Day turn out to be pretty great! I hope everyone else had a great day celebrating America!

Happy collecting! 




PS: This box was purchased from Dave and Adam's Card World. Check em out!





No comments:

Post a Comment