Friday, March 9, 2018

2018 MLB Predictions

I know I've been super quiet for the last year or so. To be honest, I've mostly stepped away from collecting for the time being. Sometimes there are more important things that require money. But I still enjoy reading the other blogs and hope to get back to collecting sometime.

Anyways, I thought it was about time to post my predictions for how the 2018 MLB season will turn out. I might get some guesses right and I'll almost certainly be way off on others, but here we go.

AL East
1. Boston Red Sox
2. New York Yankees - Wild Card
3. Toronto Blue Jays
4. Baltimore Orioles
5. Tampa Bay Rays

AL Central
1. Cleveland Indians
2. Chicago White Sox
3. Minnesota Twins
4. Kansas City Royals
5. Detroit Tigers

AL West
1. Houston Astros - Best Record
2. Los Angeles Angels - Wild Card
3. Seattle Mariners
4. Texas Rangers
5. Oakland Athletics

I feel pretty confidant that the Indians and Astros will run away with their divisions. The east is shaping up to be ye olde slugfest between the Sox and Yanks with the rest of the division not making much noise. Two teams who I think will have good years are the Angels, with their off-season additions, and the White Sox with their incoming wave of young talent. I foresee the Angels riding it to the playoffs and while I think the White Sox won't make it, it will be a promising preview of the years to come.

AL MVP: Mike Trout
AL CY: Chris Sale
AL ROY: Shohei Ohtani

Wild Card game winner: Angels
ALCS: Indians over Astros

NL East
1. Washington Nationals - Best Record
2. Atlanta Braves
3. Philadelphia Phillies
4. New York Mets
5. Miami Marlins

NL Central
1. Milwaukee Brewers
2. Chicago Cubs - Wild Card
3. St. Louis Cardinals
4. Cincinnati Reds
5. Pittsburgh Pirates

NL West
1. Los Angeles Dodgers
2. San Francisco Giants - Wild Card
3. Colorado Rockies
4. Arizona Diamondbacks
5. San Diego Padres

That Nats are going to run away with the East, again. But I feel like the Central and West are going to be more competitive this year. The big surprise that I'm predicting is the Brewers winning the Central. I have a feeling that this is the year the Cubs run is going to stall, but they will still limp their way into the playoffs. The Dodgers will face some tougher competition in the division this year but still come out on top. While the Giants will see massive improvement after being the worst team in the NL last year, to this year snagging a Wild Card spot.

Wild Card game winner: Giants
NLCS: Nationals over Dodgers

NL MVP: Bryce Harper
NL CY: Max Scherzer
NL ROY: Ronald Acuna

World Series: Nationals over Indians in 6

I feel like this is the year the Nationals finally get over the hump and not only win a playoff series, but win it all. Between Harper being in a walk year, Scherzer not getting any younger, and teams in Atlanta and Philadelphia on the verge of becoming serious contenders there should be plenty of motivation to push them there before the window closes.

1 comment:

  1. Another year. Another predicted last place finish for my beloved Athletics (and Padres). I hope you're wrong, but I doubt it. I'm even predicting them to finish last. With that being said... I hope the Red Sox can fend off the Yankees and take the AL East.

    ReplyDelete