Thursday, December 8, 2016

2016 Topps Triple Threads hobby box #1

The last thing I picked up at the October show was two boxes of 2016 Topps Triple Threads. I've had a love affair with TTT since 2013 that I am never able to indulge as much as I would like. My dream would be to bust a few cases every year. Alas, even one double master case would cost more than I currently spend in an entire year on cards. So while that's not something feasible for me I can at least open a box or two every year as well as pick up singles on eBay. Here is the first of the two boxes.

There base parallels were all higher numbers so I will just stick with the hits.


#6/9

Seems like the relics numbered to nine or less generally have a patch. So getting plain white jersey is a little disappointing. 


#11/18

Ick..Yankee hit...*gag*


#67/99

I thought in previous years that the rookie card autos were "extra" hits that replaced a base parallel. I could be wrong about that but it makes me feel like I was shorted a relic as this card replaced the Unity single relic/auto.


#65/75

Maikel Franco is a pretty decent auto to pull. So while the rest of the box was lackluster at least it ended with an ok card.

2 comments:

  1. Triple Threads is weird with their patches sometimes. You would hope they would keep the plain jerseys for the /18 or /36.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Berrios!

    We're going to have to swing a trade again sometime.
    https://mmmrhubarb.wordpress.com/baseball-cards/trade-bait/

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete