Saturday, May 3, 2014

Card show bounty pt. 3

The dealer I mentioned last time that had the repacks 3/$1 also always has a box full of packs from the late 80s/early 90s. I always love digging through the box to see what gems I can find. He sells them at 4 packs for $1. This guy always gets a small amount of money from me in exchange for a sizable quantity of cards.

Here are some cards I pulled from the packs I bought this time.




A card of a pitcher who's wearing a catcher's mitt. I don't think I've seen that one before.


UD seriously couldn't find a better photo to use?


The top half of this Dave Parker card is pretty interesting. Using a sledgehammer to get loose in the on deck circle. The bottom half was rather PG-13 so I cropped it.


Finally got my hands on one of these 3-D holograms of the Braves.


I have this card already but getting it again gives me the opportunity to talk about it. Pat Borders, he of 1992 World Series MVP and 2000 Olympic gold medalist fame, and I are 5th cousins. We share the same great-great-great-great grandfather. Or something like that.


I also picked up a couple inserts from another dealer.


#019/500


Pretty cool die-cut insert of Stan The Man.

3 comments:

  1. I want one of those Stan the Man cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. Have you ever met Mr. Borders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not. One of my dad's cousins did get to meet him back in the 90's though.

      Delete