Monday, April 14, 2014

eBay pickups

Despite my recent frustrations in dealing with crappy sellers on eBay, I have picked up a couple nice cards.

First up is this sweet Dave Stewart Silver Signatures red parallel #11/20 from 2013 Five Star. I didn't have a specific need for this card but I wanted to have something from the most exorbitantly expensive set in the Topps catalog. Stewart is probably one of the "worst" retired players on the checklist and that made this auto pretty affordable. I got it for less than $15 shipped.



Second, I wanted a printing plate. Any plate would do. I just wanted one for my collection since I didn't have one yet. I ended up getting this Corey Hart cyan printing plate from 2013 Topps Archives for about the price of a blaster. It is more than I'm usually willing to spend on a single card but considering that a lot of plates go for a good bit more money, I'm happy with it.







3 comments:

  1. That Stewart is sweet! I loved watching him pitch. He had the best death stare ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's a great looking Dave Stewart card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great deal on the Stewart. I've been trying to pick one up for months and for some reason or another they always seem to sell for more than I'm willing to pay. I finally was able to grab one of the regular autographs, but ended up paying $10 (which was the most I was willing to pay for that version).

    ReplyDelete