Sunday, March 6, 2016

Show Box 2- 2016 Topps Series 1 jumbo

Before I even show the cards, this was a killer box. This is the best box of Topps flagship I've ever opened. Blowout is currently selling jumbos for $108. Every dealer at the show that had them were around $110-120. But I found one guy who had one box left and he sold it to me for only $95. Regardless of what the box contained this was a good deal based on current prices. Here are the cards.


The Perspectives insert set seems to be a favorite among collectors. I'm hoping it continues through series 2 and update. Topps has upped their game in selection of photos the last couple years, particularly after the success of the re release of Stadium Club in 2014. And this set has a SC-esque feel to it. My one complaint is that a lot of the photos don't have the same resolution or clarity as SC cards do. Regardless, it's a cool insert and this Nolan Ryan card is my favorite. I really like the angle showing the Astrodome roof behind him,


I didn't particularly care about the First Pitch insert set last year, nor do I this year. Frankly I'm surprised Topps kept it in this year as they normally don't completely recycle an insert set from one year to the next. But, a baseball card with Geordi LaForge on it, that's cool.


Buybacks




A 2013 card as a "buyback". Pssh ok Topps. 

Parallels










#37/65

And now the good stuff!!


Camo jersey SP 

BOOM!!




Camo jersey relics>>>>>>>white or grey jersey relics



Normally the autos I pull from flagship are relief pitchers I've never heard of. Conforto is wayyyyyyy better.



#03/16

BOOM!!! First metal framed card I've pulled.


So, one of the best SP cards to pull, a nice relic, a really nice auto AND a framed card of a top young player. Definitely a winning box.

5 comments:

  1. sweet box! that Trout is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phenomenal box. Is that Arrieta available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Email me at quinniethetrumpetman (at) yahoo (dot) com if you're interested.

      Delete
  3. Wow, congrats on a great box!

    ReplyDelete