Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I have a bad habit of not listening to myself

When I go to card shows I have a bad habit of blowing my remaining cash on bad ideas after I've bought the stuff I went in for. Well this show was no different. 

One dealer that I usually buy from had an open jumbo box of 2013 Bowman Chrome. The jumbos have three autos per box as well as a wealth of color. So I thought maybe I could score something good and bought six packs, half the box. I know better than to buy something like that, especially from a weak year for Bowman Chrome like 2013. But I had high hopes.

Well...



Risin' Through the Ranks minis



151/250



At least I got one auto. And Almonte is one of the Royals top pitching prospects so this isn't a bad pull.


Maybe I let my hopes get too high but I expected better from six jumbo packs. At the very least I was hoping for one more color refractor. I imagine the other half of that box is/was pretty good. I know it has two autos at least.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Almonte. If it makes you feel any better... I suffer from the same bad habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, Bowman chrome was never a good product...

    Shoot for Heritage or museum next time!

    ReplyDelete