Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Show Box 4- 2016 Museum Collection, A Comparison

So the final box I bought was 2016 Museum Collection. Last year the one box I bought was pretty bad. So I was a little apprehensive about buying one again this year. But after watching some breaks online I thought the 2016 version was gorgeous, So I decided to pick up a box. I would like to compare my 2016 box to the one I got in 2015, hit for hit.

On-Card Auto

2015


All-Star first baseman of the hottest team in baseball.

2016


Mediocre platoon catcher for one of he worst teams in baseball. WHY IS THIS GUY IN A HIGH END PRODUCT.

Advantage: 2015

Single Relic

These cards aren't exactly comparable since 2015 had jumbo relics and 2016 had small prime relics. But it'll do.

2015


Jumbo bat relic of a sometimes decent hitting outfielder on one of the worst teams in baseball.

2016


Low end patch of one of the top closers in baseball and the hardest throwing pitcher in history.

Advantage: 2016

Quad Relic

2015


Boring quad relic of a Hall of Fame third baseman.

2016


Somewhat more interesting quad relic of an outfielder for my least favorite team.

So this one is a little more interesting. The Ellsbury card is nicer looking by virtue of three pinstripes vs one on the Boggs card. But Boggs is a Hall of Famer, so..

Advantage: 2015

Auto-Relic

2015


All-Star second baseman for a bad team.

2016


Overpaid for, mediocre, overrated, POS woman beater from my favorite team. If ever there was a Braves hit that I did not want to pull, it was this one.

Advantage: 2015

So, 2015 felt really crappy at the time. And still does. And I thought there was no way it could get worse than that box. But good lord it sure got worse. WAY worse. As far as "bang for the buck" goes I think this is the worst box I have EVER opened of any product. If there is one single worst box of an entire print run, I think I ended up with it. Museum is going to have to really impress me next year if I am going to drop money on it again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I would be interested in trading for that boring Wade Boggs card. Let me know if you want to unload that boring card.

    ReplyDelete