Sunday, November 23, 2014

2009 Signature Stars

Another recent box break for me was 2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars. A good chance to chase the Bryce Harper USA auto/relic. I didn't pull one. But I did get some decent cards.


This ended up not being a bad pull. Ray made his Major League debut for the Detroit Tigers this year and his rookie card is in Update. While he did not pitch well in his first go-round in the majors, hopefully he can stick around and have a good career.


I actually saw Buckel pitch for the Hickory Crawdads (Rangers low-A affiliate) in 2011. He has good stuff. Buckel has boomeranged back and forth between rookie ball and AA. Looks like he's been most successful at both levels of Class A but hasn't found his groove in AA yet. At only 22 he has plenty of time to develop. It seems that as of recent his main issue has been injuries. In 2011 and 2012 when he was at his best his K/BB ratio has been very strong with a WHIP barely over 1.00.


Zych pitches in the Cubs organization. While his story is similar to Buckel's he has managed to stick in AA since 2012. His stats aren't bad, nor are they outstanding. While I certainly wish him the best, Zych doesn't look like he has the stuff to make it to the show. 


You know about this guy already.


This was a fun box to bust. I didn't pull anything huge, though the Prince auto is certainly nice. But for the price and with the possibility of some really big pulls it's not a bad product.

Edit: Just saw that this is my 200th blog post!! Maybe I should do a contest soon to celebrate..

1 comment:

  1. Nice Fielder, but it's sticker! I hate sticker auto's, and try and stay away from them. I don't know where you get your boxes, but Blowout cards has this at $35 I think. anyways, I'll be following you blog!

    ReplyDelete