Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas boxes- part 1

I ordered the majority of my Christmas present back in July, I think, when Dave and Adam's was doing one of their regular sales. It was tough to avoid busting everything as soon as it arrived much less over the subsequent months before Christmas. But I made it! With this post I will start with the three blasters that I opened.

2012 Topps Update
With a flagship blaster you can of course not have high expectations since they don't insert hits. But the manu-relic was rather nice.


I'm still not a huge fan of manu-relics, I don't think anyone is, but this is one of the better ones I've gotten.

I also managed to pull a variation short print.


2012 Topps Heritage
After I pulled three hits from two blasters of '12 Heritage recently I probably would have had a heart attack if I had pulled another one. So it was no surprise that I did not pull another hit. 2012 is still my favorite iteration of Heritage.



#0713/1963

I'll say it again: I wish Topps would release a full Heritage Chrome set. I would totally buy it.

2013 Bowman Platinum
I mentioned in my 2013 review post that this was one of my favorite sets of the year. And I'm glad I grabbed one last blaster to open on Christmas. No big pulls in this one but I did get this nice Justin Verlander die-cut. 



More boxes to come soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment